Griffin became severely mentally handicapped after he consumed the drug called "banana fish".
Griffin has a very depressed face and long brown hair from the front. His face is somewhat similar to Ash's, but he is older and more vacant. He shares Ash's green eyes.
Griffin served in the American military. He was posted in Vietnam/Iraq during the respective wars.
Stationed in Vietnam/Iraq (manga/anime), Griffin comes across his fellow soldiers and calmly walks over to a gun before firing upon them. He continues to shoot several men before being shot in the legs by his best friend, Max Lobo. Slumped on the ground, he is not himself and in response to Max, he only speaks the phrase: "Banana Fish".
Griffin has a close relationship with his brother. They were close growing up and Griffin often looked after Ash.
They were close to the extent that after he was shot and became mentally handicapped after the war, Ash took him in and did everything to try and make him better, using all of his illegally earned money to try and get treatment and medication for Griffin.
When Griffin is killed by Abraham, Ash becomes enraged and makes it his goal to avenge his brother.
Griffin's best friend, who he served beside in the Vietnam/Iraq (manga/anime) war. They are pictured in photographs together.
When Griffin opened fire on his fellow soldiers, he was shot by Max in the legs, incapacitating him.
Though they are not seen interacting, Skip looks after Griffin when Ash is away from his apartment.
- Episode 01 A Perfect Day for Bananafish
- Episode 03 Across the River and into the Trees
- Episode 04 This Side of Paradise
- Episode 10 Babylon Revisited Memory moment of Ash's
- In Private Opinion, according to Blanca who searches information about Ash Lynx and his family, his biological mother's name is Audrey Callenreese, who died in 1967, which means that Ash's mother can't be Mrs. Callenreese.